- Added 3 Dec 2013
Kintampo Health Research Centre
KHRC is one of three field research centres of the Research and development division of Ghana Health Service established in 1994. KHRC is situated in the middle belt of Ghana in the Brong Ahafo Region. However the work of KHRC has implications for health policy and practice throughout Ghana and Africa.
KHRC has accumulated over 18 years of experience in health research and clinical trials in Ghana. During this time it has developed one of the largest Health and Demographic Surveillance Systems (HDSS) and study populations in Africa and has established a reputation for quality research.
Our mission is to conduct public health research and develop health research capacity which will contribute to a significant reduction in ill-health and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals for Africas most disadvantaged communities.
1. International Network for the Demographic Evaluation of Populations and Their Health in Developing Countries (INDEPTH).
2. World Health Organization (WHO).
3. Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (NMIMR).
4. RTSS Clinical Trial Partnership Committee.
5. Malaria Vector Vaccine Consortium
- Enteric diseases
- Maternal Health
- Mental Health
- Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)
- Newborn Health
- Respiratory Diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Contact this site
To: Kwaku Poku Asante, Conduct public health research to inform publilc health policy at Kintampo Health Research CentrePlease Login to contact a site.